If you’re still looking for a Valentine’s Day gift idea, then this is a really great idea.
There’s no need to spend any money. It’s something that will bring you closer together. AND it will feel really good.
But this is a gift that requires real work of love.
I’m talking about giving each other a nice, long, relaxing massage!
The art of massage has been around for millenia and played an important role in therapeutic medicine. Unfortunately, it fell out of popularity during the Dark Ages when religious authorities began to frown upon it. They didn’t like the idea that massages can also be quite pleasurable! But nevermind the negative and sexual connotation that continues to surround it.
The fact is, giving and receiving massages is simply a wonderful way to connect with your loved one.
While this article is geared more towards Valentine’s Day couples, massages do not have to be practiced only within the context of romantic relationships. Massages can be practiced by anyone on a regular basis throughout the year. Parents, children, and friends should also practice massages in order to achieve and maintain overall health and wellness.
Consider the numerous benefits of massage:
- Relieves Stress & Tension. Massages work wonderfully for relieving stress and for preventing the accumulation of tension in the body. There are studies that suggest massages can also reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Feels AH-Mazing! Massages release endorphins, which act as a pain reliever and are also responsible for our feelings of pleasure. People often feel more relaxed and refreshed after receiving a massage.
- Promotes Healthy Circulation. Massage is an effective way to increase blood flow and decrease lymphatic buildup. This means more oxygen and nutrients can reach your tissues and organs.
- Strengthens the Immune System. The benefits from increased blood flow and lowered stress gives a boost to the immune-system. But also, massages reinforce the immune system by stimulating the lymphatic system which removes toxins from the body.
- Improves Skin Tone & Texture. Stimulated blood flow improves the skin’s tone and texture. Massages can help remove dead skin cells and prevent cellulite. Also, depending on the oil used during massage, the skin can enjoy moisturizing benefits.
- Promotes Better Sleep. Relaxing from massage can improve the quality of your sleep, which is crucial for health and beauty.
- Creates Closeness. When you help someone to relax and relieve them of tension, a feeling of closeness can be cultivated. Massages can also help develop communication and trust within a relationship.
Some tips on making the most out of your massages:
- There are many helpful books on massaging techniques.
- You can take a couples massage training class together.
- Remember the oil. It makes a world of a difference. Even olive oil from the kitchen will do.
- Talk with each other and listen to what your partner does or does not like.
- The goal is to relax. The goal of the person giving the massage is to guide their partner into relaxation. The goal of the person receiving the massage is to relax. This can actually be more difficult than it sounds.
- Be patient with each other.
When practiced in the context of a romantic relationship, it’s important to point out that the massage should be about the massage. And not a precursor to sex.
Relaxation can be more easily achieved if the person receiving the massage is able to focus on the massage without the anticipation of amorous activities.
But you know, keep it flexible and fun.
And to enhance the delight…
Try presenting your Valentine’s Day gift in the form of a Coupon hand-made with LOVE!