I’m a big fan of Do-It-Yourself skin care, using simple ingredients from my own kitchen. One of my favorite kitchen ingredients to use is MILK! I use milk as a way to cool off and rejuvenate my skin.
This is what I do….
For a fabulous skin pick me-up, you will need the following:
– ½ a cup of milk
– 4-5 round cotton pads
What to do :
- Pour milk into a small bowl
- Carefully peel apart the layers of the cotton pads (I can get about three layers from each pad)
- Dip each layer in the bowl until it is completely soaked with milk
- Take out the cotton pad and lightly squeeze it of excess milk
- Gently place the milk-soaked cotton pad on your face, starting along your forehead, your cheeks, and your chin until you’ve covered most of your face
- Tear small pieces of the milk-soaked cotton pads and place them along the uncovered spaces on your face
- Take the last two remaining layers of cotton and place them over yours eyes, gently dabbing them with your finger tips to hug the contours of your eyes
- Breathe and allow yourself to completely relax!
There’s no need to time it, you can leave the cotton pads on your face for five minutes or until they are dry. After you’ve removed the cotton pads, rinse your face with cool water. You may notice that the cotton pads are quite warm while your skin has been left feeling cool and refreshed.
The Aftermath : Positively smooth, radiant skin.
Random Skin Fact : Did you know that the Egyptians including Cleopatra were known for taking milk baths? They weren’t the only ones in history who understood the secret benefits of milk on the skin. The lactic acid in milk is an alpha hydroxy acid, a natural material that dissolves the glue that holds dead skin cells together. Milk therefore is a very simple and natural way to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.