Despite the dreary, wintery weather in Paris this summer I have been regularly enjoying this cool green smoothie that is as delicious as it is nourishing for your skin.
This smoothie blend calls for the following:
- 1 Banana (peeled, sliced into round pieces and frozen)
- 2/3 cup natural yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbs. almond butter (optional)
- a handful of almonds (optional)
The banana and the almond milk makes this drink sufficiently sweet so there is no need to add sugar at all. Plus, you can barely taste the spinach. The result is a creamy, beautifully green drink for two. Mmm!!
Some Nutritional Facts about Baby Spinach:
- One cup of spinach contains a significant amount of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
- The high amount of vitamin A in spinach promotes healthy skin by allowing for proper moisture retention in the epidermis, thus fighting psoriasis, keratinization, acne and even wrinkles.
- Spinach is abundant in flavanoids, a phytonutrient with anti-cancer properties that have been shown to slow down cell division in human stomach and skin cancer cells.
Link Love: I found this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats