Remember when I used to gripe and moan about my coffee addiction?
Okay, so I still haven’t kicked my coffee addiction. But, it is slowly becoming eclipsed by a new obsession.
My tea collection is ever growing. And today I’ll give you a glimpse of the many kinds of tea that I regularly enjoy sipping on.
This is not by any means a complete display of my entire tea collection. Nope and nope. But these are just the ones that I love because they promote beauty and great skin.
I love a cup of warm herbal tea. On average, I will drink about two cups of herbal tea every day. I find the warmth of the cup very soothing. Not to mention they are also caffeine-free. And are therefore a jittery-free alternative to coffee.
What’s more, herbal plants have been used for thousands of year for their many different therapeutic benefits.
So these are the herbal teas in my collection. I adore them for their beautifying benefits. All my herbal teas are natural and organic.
1) SUGAR BALANCING TEA
- Consists Of: Leaves from Blueberry plant, Fenugrec, Eucalyptus, Burdock Root, Olive plant
- Beauty Benefits: Balances your glycemic index and promotes elimination. Although the glycemic index was originally formulated for diabetics, eating foods that spike your blood sugar level can affect the health of your skin by speeding up signs of aging and making your skin more prone to pimples. The plants in this tea are known for being mild and safe blood sugar regulators.
- My Cup Of Tea: I tend to drink this tea after eating foods that are heavy in carbohydrates. Like french fries. Which I do love to eat from to time!
2) DETOX TEA
- Consists Of: Aniseed, Fennel, Cardamom, Licorice Root, Coriander Seed, Celery Seeds
- Beauty Benefits: Boosts your internal cleansing system. Aniseed and fennel are especially known to help soothe digestion. And relieve gas! This blend of plants helps to rid the body of toxins through their diuretic properties which induce perspiration and urination. This helps speed up elimination of toxins from the body. Also, licorice has anti-inflammatory and bacterial-killing properties and a range of other health benefits.
- My Cup Of Tea: I tend to drink this tea after a festive weekend. When I’ve finished taxing my liver with too much alochol and too many bad foods. I’d also like to mention how much I love Pukka tea for its flavor and the lovely design on the box.
3) BETTER SLEEP TEA
- Consists Of: Lemon Balm, Vervain, Linden Flower, Lavender Flower
- Beauty Benefits: Promotes better sleep. Sleep is the time when your body repairs and renews itself. Did you know that your hair grows faster when you sleep? And a night of restful sleep makes you look more refreshed and more attractive? We need sleep for beauty! The blend of herbs in this tea is really good for promoting better sleep. Lemon balm belongs to the mint family, which has been used for centuries to treat anxiety and sleep disorders. Vervain is also very good for calming anxieties, and has a very balancing effect on the hormone cycles of women. It can even enhance dreaming! Linden has sedative properties and helps to induce relaxation. And lavender, which has a wide range of health benefits, has been shown to increase the time you spend in deep (slow wave) sleep.
- My Cup Of Tea: I tend to drink this tea before I go to sleep, particularly if I’m anxious about something. Drinking this has honestly helped to improve the quality of my sleep.
4) SKIN BEAUTY TEA
- Consists Of: Thyme, Vervain, Grapevine, Burdock Root
- Beauty Benefits: Grape vine is rich in anti-oxidants, including polyphenols, stilbenes, proanthocyanidins, resveratrol, flavonoids, etc. It also helps improve skin appearance by improving blood circulation. Burdock helps fight against free-radical formation. Thyme’s anti-septic properties helps fight against acne. And vervain’s calming effects reduce stress.
- My Cup Of Tea: I love to drink this tea every day!
You can’t talk about beautifying teas without talking about green tea.
Green tea’s secret lies in its catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant and has amazing benefits for our health, ranging from protecting against cancer to reducing the risk of heart disease.
Green tea has also been shown to be very beneficial for beauty and our skin.
Although there is still a lot of research that must be done regarding the effects of green tea, here are some possible beauty effects of green tea:
– Prevent skin cancer
– Fight free radicals formed by UV exposure
– Slow down aging
– Rejuvenate skin cells
– Improve skin disorders linked with inflammation, like rosacea & eczema
– Regulate hormonal activity
– Fight acne
– Reduce stress and the release of cortisol
– Improve metabolism and promote weight-loss
The only down side to green tea is that you can drink too much of it. And end up with insomnia. Which is something I’ve definitely done way too many times.
My cup of green tea: When it comes to green tea, I love only THE BEST. I am something of a green tea connoisseur.
In fact, I even have my own dealer of the green stuff! Haha, I’m talking about a tiny little Japanese tea shop here in Paris where I go to get my fresh organic green tea.
There are many kinds of green tea out there. There’s sencha, matcha, bancha, genmaicha and there’s even green tea made from the stems.
I like all of them!
But the type of green tea that is loaded with the most anti-oxidants?
It’s gotta be matcha green tea.
What about you? Do you drink tea for beauty? What kind of tea?