Hi! My name is Kareen. I am the girl behind Ziba.
I created Ziba because I am crazy about skincare!
For me, the most important aspect of skincare is adopting a healthy lifestyle. If you want to have great skin then you must first focus on eating well, sleeping well, exercising, avoiding the sun and smoke, and reducing stress in your life.
I say this because I believe there is an undeniable connection between Beauty, Health and Wellness.
And this complete, holistic approach to beauty is the entire premise of Ziba.
Ziba By Nature
We are all beautiful by nature.
But sometimes we get hung up on a very narrow definition of beauty. Ziba is a place where we explore beauty in all its forms.
This is not your typical blog where we just review beauty products (although I promise there will be lots of that too).
Here, we’ll talk about everyday things. Like skincare, haircare and lifestyle tips for enhancing our own natural beauty. We’ll talk about what to look for in beauty products. So we are sure to buy things that are really good at what they do but are also safe for our health and our environment. And we’ll look at people and things that inspire us to be the best versions of ourselves.
But, also. This is a place where we will muse about the important role that beauty plays in our lives, across time and across different cultures.
We’ll get brainy. We’ll get silly. We might even get deep. But throughout it all, I hope to maintain a relaxed and open-minded approach to the explorations and discussions of beauty on which we’ll embark.
I am going to try my very best to make sure that this blog has something for everyone. Not just girls, but guys too!
So I hope you’ll hang around. Because there’s lots and lots and lots of things for us to talk about together.
An assorted array of facts about me:
- I am 27 years old. I currently live in Paris.
- I have Normal/Combination skin type.
- But at different points in my life, I have had pretty much almost every skin type.
- When it comes to makeup, you can call me a late-bloomer because I have a lot of catching up to do.
- I really do enjoy the frivolous side of being girly!
- But I also have to be careful not to let materialism get the best of me.
- I am a nomad. I continuously move around and live in different parts of the globe.
- But if I had to call just one place home, I guess it would have to be North Carolina in the U.S.
- I love dance music, especially electronica. But I will dance to anything.
- I love kareoke. Not the stupid kind of kareoke where you sing in a bar in front of strangers. I like the Asian style of kareoke where you rent out a little room and just sing with your friends and eat snacks.
- I really really love cats. But I am also really really allergic to cats. Some people have said that this is a metaphor for my life.
- When I was 24, I joined the Peace Corps and lived and worked in Cameroon for 2 years as a business volunteer.
- I don’t know when I should stop referring to myself as a girl and start referring to myself as a woman.
- The word woman weirds me out.
- Ziba and The Girl : This is how it all began–… how I developed my obsession with skincare and how Ziba was born. Beware! The story gets kind of corny!
For all your questions & comments, talk to me here →