2014 was a lovingly wrapped parcel of a year.
So many wonderful things happened. Not just in terms of experiences and reaching new milestones in my life.
What I’m talking about is my soul.
I’ve made peace. With who I am and who I’m not.
So what if I’m not the adventurous astronaut or the illustrious opera singer that I dreamt I would be when I was a teenager (no for real, these were actually some of my fantasies).
You know what? Whatever.
Life opened different paths for me and filled them with delightful surprises.
I like where I’ve come from. And I like where I’m going.
And here’s the thing…
You’ve got to learn to enjoy the sweet and simple things in life.
Because before you know it, it’ll all be over 🙂
So to sum up 2014, here are some of the things that happened:
- Started a new job with a non-profit organization whose mission really fits with my own personal values
- Resumed the habit of recording my dreams immediately after waking up
- Gave up a vice that I’d been trying to kick for over a decade
- Put together a fun DIY wedding at the beach
- Got married! To a lovely boy named Oliver who henceforth will be known as my forever and ever
- Moved into a sunny apartment in San Francisco. And it’s only a ten-minute walk to the beach
- Really digging this sea-dwelling lifestyle
- Learned to surf! Currently saving up money for a wetsuit and a beginner’s board
- Quality time spent with friends who are scattered around the country
- A road trip to L.A. with one of my best friends and it was a blast
- Two trips to Mexico in the month of November
- Met new people and made wonderful new friends
- Got a juicer and am loving it!
- Finally saved up enough money for a camera upgrade
- Finally feeling at home in this part of San Francisco where the air tastes of fresh saltwater and the sound of foghorns is my lullaby
- Finally feeling settled down after living nomadically for so many years (I still miss you, Paris…)
In 2015, I am working on making the following things happen:
- A trip to Japan!
- Getting to know my new camera and developing my photography skillzz
- Making a short stop-motion film with Oliver
- Getting more social
- Throwing at least two dinner parties (where I’m actually the one cooking)
- Not freaking out when I turn 30 this year!
- Procuring a bicycle
- Riding said bicycle to work
- Meditating more regularly
- Doing market research for Ziba
- Revamping the blog and online shop
- Participating in at least two pop-up shops for Ziba
- Writing more!
- Surfing more!
I was just looking at a wishlist I created a year and a half ago for my 28th birthday.
And gosh! It’s really amazing how many things on that list have come true!
But there are still some things that haven’t happened. Like neglecting this blog and my business plans.
But cut a girl some slack because life happens. That’s what new years are for.
So I’m just gonna pick up right where I left off.
And you, my pet. What are some of your best memories from last year and what are your hopes for 2015?