Aroma Workshop In Chicago

Wednesday July 24, 2013 | Beauty Travel

If you ever go to Chicago, you should stop by Aroma Workshop on N. Halsted St.

They have an impressive selection of essential oils and aromatherapy products.

There are pure essential oils that span the alphabet from A to Z.

Aroma Worksho Chicago

There are also different blends that work together to treat common ailments such as headaches, fatigue, stress and sleeplessness.

The best part is that you can customize essential oil blends according to your needs.

Aroma Workshop is a shop that resembles a botanical laboratory, with walls that are lined with glass vials and flasks.

Aroma Workshop Chicago

They have products made in-house, ranging from body mists, facial care and massage oils.

The shop owner is a friendly and soft spoken essential oil wizard, who will offer to mix different blends for you.

I purchased a small bottle of massage oil made from pecan oil.

I had the option of adding any kind of essential oil I fancied. But in the end I went with their “Meditation” blend which is made of resins from Atlas Cedarwood, Frankincense, Clove and Vetiver.

Pecan Oil Massage Oil

The smell reminds me of pine sap mixed with sweet spices. It’s not too overpowering, and actually, I really love it.

This is the first time I’ve used pecan oil. I noticed that it absorbs quickly and yet, at the same time, a light layer of the oil manages to stay on the surface of the skin. So the fact that it stays on the skin to reduce friction means that it is fantastic for massage work.

Aroma Workshop also holds Scent Events and Aromatherapy Classes which you can find out more about on their website: www.aromaworkshop.com

Aroma Workshop Chicago
2050 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 87101985

7 Responses to “Aroma Workshop In Chicago”

1. Ali says:

Being an aromatherapist, I would love this sort of thing. Interesting that you chose the meditation blend. You’ve got some powerhouses in there. I like frankincense on its own for those days when you feel overwhelmed by outside stimuli. Its wonderful for inducing quiet and helping you centre.

Ali

• Kareen says:

You know you could start a little aromatherapy shop like this! :D I just loved the smell of the meditation blend. I was with Oliver at the time and he really liked it too, so we just went for it.

2. Sunshine says:

If I was in the US I’d love to attend one of these workshops. I wish there was “smell-vision” haha. I recently bought a calming oil from The Body Shop. There’s a shop here called ‘Perfect Potions’ that sell lovely aromatherapy products. If you come here one day I’ll have to take you there :). Our cousin Rebecca recently studied aromatherapy. If you’re interested in it or want to ask a few questions you should chat to her :) x

• Kareen says:

Hey Sun! I didn’t know that about our cousin! Yeah, I will have to chat with her about aromatherapy. I want to develop my sense of smell the way that perfumers have developed their sense of smell, and I am interested in attending a workshop that helps to cultivate your sense of smell and your understanding of distinguishing different types of scents. Oils are great! How do you like the one that you got from the Body Shop?

3. Sarah says:

Looks enlightening!

4. Julia says:

Our aromatherapy unit was one of my favourites. Essential oils are really amazing! I was kind of skeptical when we learned our aromatherapy massage. I had a headache before we started so I made a blend of geranium, lavender and tea tree oil and my headache was gone about midway through the massage. I couldn’t believe how fast they work, the science behind them is really fascinating.

• Kareen says:

Oh, that’s so cool that you had a unit on aromatherapy. How is your cosmetic program going? It’s funny how people will snub natural remedies because there is no hard scientific research behind them. But animals instinctively know how to self-medicate through natural remedies. And humans do too, but people have just stopped listening and paying attention to their own bodies to find the things that make them feel better!